Job Description: You will be at the forefront of the fundraising process: Lead generation, outreach, relationship building, and closing fundraising deals. Responsible for using/incepting CRM tools to assist Paal in prospecting, communicating and cultivating potential Angel Investors/ HNWI’s (High Net-Worth Individuals). Develop an understanding of the startup fundraising process and consistently adapt to different situations and conversations. The associate will be directly reporting to the CEO dealing with fundraising and other leadership members in Paal.
Relevant Skills, Knowledge, and Experience:
- Entrepreneurial: dynamic and execution oriented
- Confident and professional in verbal communication skills (ability to talk to anybody is a plus).
- Problem solver: ability to adapt and overcome obstacles through outside-the-box methods.
- Use critical thinking skills to figure out a path and find a way forward.
- Good written communication skills for outreach and responses: ability to write professionally and create thoughtful messages.
- Well organized, consistent follow through, quick to get things done.
- Digital native: Ability to quickly search online for contact and other information to bring into our CRM software and email systems.
- Ideal candidate: Junior/Senior undergrad or grad student in business or related field with sales or startup experience.
- Ability and drive to learn new things quickly.
- Passionate about the environment and electric vehicles is a must.
- Sourcing, researching, and qualifying relevant angel investors, HNWIs, family offices, and Pre- Seed VCs in the following spaces: materials, hardware, Blue Tech, Mobility, Sustainability, generalist.
- Perform methodical outreach, including but not limited to: finding warm intros, utilizing LinkedIn, professional investor databases (such as Pitchbook, CrunchBase, etc.), and conduct follow up communication regularly.
- Build, develop, and manage relationships with new and existing investors.
- Present, promote, and convince investors and partners to set up meetings with and develop relationships with Paal.
- Continuously track progress of investor sourcing, engagements, and relationships utilizing CRM software.
- Provide reports of daily and weekly progress to CMO/ Team Lead.
- Continuously improve through feedback and coaching with management and team to reach success in this role.
- Take notes and adapt fundraising strategies tailored to specific targets.
- Join calls with team members and investors as needed.
- Attend in-person and virtual events.
- Playing a critical role in the expansion and development of an OEM company focused in an exciting industry.
- Gain insight into the development of a company from the ground-up as well as the tools/processes used in its development.
- Opportunities to network with High net-worth individuals, venture capital, research, and private equity professionals in a cutting-edge industry.
- Flexible working hours.
- The position may develop into a broader and permanent role at Paal.